There are so many things that I promised myself.
1. Graduate from college ~ In Progress
2. Get Married ~ Done
3. Have all my children by one man. ~ Done
4. Write a book ~ Done
5. Write a screenplay ~ Undone
6. Learn Spanish ~ In progress
7. Learn to Double Dutch ~ Undone
8. Buy my mom a house ~ Undone
9. Win a soul to Christ ~ Done
10. Get saved and stay saved. In Progress/Done
While making this list when I got to number 10 I had to stop and really think about what to place by it. I have been saved since the age of 19 and I am still a work in progress. We will never be perfected as Christians as long as we are in this sinful flesh. However, we must strive for perfection.
While viewing the promises that I made to myself I realized that there were a lot of them that were undone. Yet the most important goal has been and is still being accomplished. Get saved and stay saved.
There are too many promises that are undone on my list so that lets me know that I really have to get to work. However, the completed tasks carry much more weight than those that are undone.